Wednesday, May 18, 2005

No, it's not that time of the month...

I have been so emotional lately! I handed in my thesis (big, huge sigh of relief) and ever since then I have been rediscovering the fact that I am actually a human being. All of a sudden I remember that there are feelings other than frustration, despair, pressure and stress. I burst out laughing over the silliest little things. And I cried last night watching American Idol because Bo sent chills down my spine with one of his songs. Of course there's a good chance that I am just over-tired and it's all catching up to me...

Thankfully Shelley and I are going camping this weekend. Both of us are counting down the hours now. We have not been able to spend much time together because I had been devoting every night until 4am to my thesis. And beyond that, it's always refreshing to get out of the city. I had originally planned to not bring anything that even remotely resembles the written word, but I have changed my mind - I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife and it is fantastic, so it's coming with me. I'm not sure I could part with it for a whole weekend!

1 comment:

Darren said...

Congratulations, Michelle. I'm happy to hear you got it done. Now it's time to go and live for a while. I wish you well. :)