Monday, May 09, 2005

FUCK!

I am sitting here bored at work. Do people not know that I do not have TIME to be BORED at the moment??!!! I have to hand in my thesis in 4 days. I found out on the weekend that a pain-in-the-ass paper I wrote at my last job is being published in BMJ (this is a HUGE thing - I'm not sure too many medical academics can say they got their very first paper ever to be published accepted by BMJ). And while I am extremely happy and impressed, I am also miserable because revisions have to be sent to the journal in 4 DAYS! Also, I have to have a first draft of the poster I will be presenting at a conference next month in to my supervisor in 4 DAYS! Also, my supervisor wants me to present my thesis at another conference in the fall, and the application deadline for that one is in 4 DAYS! Are you catching the importance of the next 4 days!

Well, to top it all off, my colleague (aka the only other one working on this project) is going for surgery next week and only has these next 4 days here at work. This means that the next 4 days at work are also going to be extremely hellish as we prepare me to do the work of two for the next 6 weeks. And now, while I should be working, I am sitting here writing in my blog because we cannot continue on to the next phase of the project without approval from the primary investigator, who is too busy to give it to us at the moment. So while there are 435399000 other things I could be doing at the moment to meet all of these flipping deadlines, I can't! I would be infinitely happier if I could suddenly fake a stroke or something and go home and work on my thesis....

Crap. If it weren't for Shelley doing my laundry and feeding me this last week, I don't know how I would have survived.

If I don't update blog anytime soon, assume that I am burried under a pile of unfinished papers and posters....call in the medics.

1 comment:

Darren said...

Good luck there kiddo! Thanks for the update. My posithoughts will be with you!