Monday, August 29, 2005

5 pounds gone!!!

Today marks one week of my latest dieting scheme. And I just weighed myself - I've already lost 5 pounds! I'm not doing anything exciting or unhealthy. All I'm doing is this:
  • excercising for a little bit as soon as I get out of bed in the morning. Since I'm living in hotels which don't always have an excerise room, I've got one of those "8 Minutes in the Morning" books. The one I have is for people who don't like lifting weights, so all the exercises use your own body weight for resistance, and instead of doing many repititions, you simply hold the excercise for a longer time until you reach failure. I kind of scoffed at the excercises when I first saw them, but believe me, I feel them! I also do a bit of stretching, just because it feels good.
  • I'm also forcing myself to eat breakfast every single day. This is the hardest part for me. But from everything I've read, eating breakfast kick-starts your metabolism, which is obviously important for weight loss. Not eating breakfast puts your body into starvation mode, which means you end up losing your muscle mass, not your fat.
  • I also make sure I eat lunch and dinner, with a snack in between. I make sure I have protein and lots of veggies at each meal. I still eat carbs, but I try to keep it to healthy whole-grain stuff.
  • I'm carrying a water bottle around with me and making sure I drink lots of water throughout the day.

And that's it! I have even had a chocolate bar, and when I went to a movie, I had some popcorn. And still 5 lbs gone!

Yeah for me!

No comments: