Friday, September 29, 2006

I'm baaaack!

Well, it's been a long time, hasn't it? I went to Uzbekistan, came home, went to Bangladesh, came home again, and plan to stick around here for a little while. I feel the need to spend some time feeding the home fires.

What prompted me to write again was something as mundane as a little office squabble. I am back working for my old boss again (he's such a great guy). Unfortunately, we share office space with another group (who aren't such great guys). They are completely uncompromising and unrelenting on anything at all. And of course I can't find the courage to stand up to them, even on the issues for which I know I am right! This is definitely a personality flaw. I must get to work on that!

In other news, I have begun playing the cello. I love it. I have always wanted to learn how to play, and now that I don't have a big grey thundercloud of a thesis hanging over my head, I have the time and freedom to take lessons.

I have also started running. Shelley and I took a running class, and now we run 5km on a regular basis. We are now starting to increase our distances. I seem to think that for each additional km I run, I am entitled to another LuluLemon outfit. If you use my logic, it is much more sensible to reward myself by spending $100 on workout clothes than $1.25 on a chocolate bar!

I start horseback riding lessons next week. I am only taking 4 lessons to see how it works out for me. I met a horse for the first time in Uzbekistan, on a journey out to see what was left of the Aral Sea, and fell in love with him. So of course I feel the need to meet another horse.

I seem to have found my groove here at home. I'll keep you posted of any bumps on the road.

1 comment:

Chris said...

welcome back. nice to see your up and at it. hope things go well. dont forget the hockey season is upon us