Thursday, October 19, 2006

Touched

I just ran into an old colleague of mine. We used to work together in the lab. She stopped me in the hallway to tell me that she received all of my emails from Uzbekistan, and that she printed them all to keep for her children to read when they are older. She read them some of my stories, including my visit to the TB Sanitorium for children and the pcitures they drew of what a world without TB would look like. She told them about the small boy who won the prize of a soccer ball for his picture, and how happy this made him. The story touched her son so much that he now wants to send soccer balls to children who need them. I was really touched to hear this. Even if I made no difference whatsoever in Uzbekistan, I might have done something to change the way a little Canadian boy sees the world. Maybe he will grow up to change the world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have the dreams of uzbekistan...i am realizing everything

This may seem strange to you but hear me out. I searched this on Google...I dont know why. I was in the Army from 97-01 and in Iraq since. I have dreams...of Uzbekistan, an airfield, and a quick extraction before 9-11. I do not know what it means. I am searching for something but I do now know what. I find the structure of your site very...calming though it should be disturbing. Do you know me?
Am I remembering?