Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Me, reasonable?

Sometimes I wonder why simple things always seem so complex – maybe I just have a nasty habit of complicating things, intellectualizing things instead of experiencing them. I don’t understand this part of me. I have a natural curiosity about the world, always asking questions, wondering why, looking for meaning in everything. I had an apple for breakfast, and instead of enjoying the taste, I was wondering what exactly made the peel red. I guess this makes me good at what I do, in terms of my job, but what about the rest of my life? I find myself second-guessing my thoughts, my feelings, my decisions because I have no “evidence” to base them on. Lately my intuition has been strong, gut instincts about things are occurring on a daily basis, and quite frankly it pisses me off. I feel like such a flake always saying “I feel, I feel, I feel”. I feel like I need to justify all of my emotions with a rational explanation. People don’t respect “it just doesn’t feel right” as an explanation, they want a good, solid reason. I guess I’m not a reasonable person. Lucky me.

No comments: