Tuesday, December 14, 2004

i saw a shooting star last night

It seems to me that I have been blessed lately. I like it when good things happen in waves. Last night I was dogsitting for a friend at work. I took Keeta to a dog park, and the two of us played in the snow for an hour. It was such a beautiful night, the sky was clear, the air was crisp. I felt good. It made me intensely joyful to watch Keeta run, her tail wagging, her cute little feet making cute little footprints in the snow. Every once in awhile she would run up to me and nestle against my legs, and look up at me with her big sparkling brown eyes, one ear straight up, the other one flopped down. I whistled Christmas tunes, and spend an unusual amount of time staring up at the stars. While I was contemplating the events of the last couple of weeks I saw a shooting star. And I knew everything was going to be okay. Oh my god I'm a sap. :-)

5 comments:

Chris said...

when did you see this? i went outside after 9 and it looked cloudy. maybe it was clear where you were

Michelle said...

Hi Chris...I was out at about 6pm, somewhere near Millwoods. :-)

Chris said...

hmmm. that makes a difference i guess. i read that was gonna happen and i missed out. at least you enjoyed it

Michelle said...

:-)

Chris said...

now if we can get the northern lights out, THEN we've got a light show. shooting starts would add to the fun, too.