Saturday, December 11, 2004

serendipity

I want to write, but I don't know where to start! It's amazing how much life can change in 24 hours. I know that everything happens exactly the way it should, but it would sure be nice to be given the master plan ahead of time....na, I don't really mean that. There's some fun in the mystery.

Anyway, I need to get out all the hurt, pain, and anger in regards to K. But it's not what I want to write about. I miss her, that's a strong feeling. I'm hurt and disappointed....those feelings are constant, underneath everything I do these days. And I'm angry. It's funny, what angers me the most is knowing that as we were having our last chat a couple of days ago, she was relaying the whole thing to her gf. You see, it was soooooo painful for me to read the words she was typing to me. So hard, I had to let go of so much hope, and all she could do was describe what she thinks as my inappropriate reactions to her. I wonder if she even understands how I was/am feeling. If she did, she would have respected me a bit more and at least kept MY feelings private. This is why it is so hard sharing intimate parts of yourself....the people you share with get intimate with others and share YOUR secrets. I felt things with her that I've never felt before....so much about her was a new experience for me, so I had a whole hell of a lot more than just her to let go of. I have the sense that things are not over between us...I don't trust her....I don't want to date her....not anymore, at least....but I think we will find a friendship or something further down the road. When I'm not so angry! And when she's got her poop in a proverbial group as well.

Anyway....the day after my heart broke into a million pieces, I got a bunch of great news. I couldn't stop smiling all day, because although one dream was ending, another one was starting to come true! You know things are "meant to be" when all the pieces fall into place without any effort at all. First....our office manager stops me in the hallway to tell me that HR discovered that they hadn't been paying me vacation pay since February, and that $1000 was owed to me....nice Christmas present, eh? An hour or two later, I get a phone call from the Field Epi office in Ottawa....they called to let me know that I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!!!! I had to write a big, crazy exam to get this interview, and apparently I did really well on it! I stared my MSc with the plans of doing this training program afterwards....I was literally doing cartwheels down the hallway at work when I found out I got the interview. I'm STILL all excited about it. And then , the next day, they emailed me to tell me they were paying for my flight, hotel, and taxi. Sweet!!!!

So that's my news....the interview is Jan 10, and I have a few days off after Christmas, so I can study, study, study! I have the very first interiew spot, so I'm a bit stressed about that....I feel like I have to set a good standard...and I probably will... ;-)

If I get this position, it almost definitely means a move out of the province....I have mixed emotions about that. I love Edmonton, my friends, hockey, all that jazz....but the thought of learning a new city and meeting new people totally energizes me! I can't wait to see how this all works out in the end.....

No comments: