Monday, December 13, 2004

making progress

Well, I had a damn good weekend, thanks to my wonderful friends who kept my body busy and my mind occupied. I managed to muster the courage to delete her photos off of my computer, cancel my long distance phone plan, erase her last message off of my phone...you know, the purge stage. I just don't want reminders of her around, because I miss her and I feel like an idiot. But whatever. What can I do? I said something nasty about her Friday night (not even all that nasty, I think I called her a heartbreaker or something like that) and Vickie put her stern motherly face on and said, "Michelle, don't be like that, you know she's a nice girl". Which is true, she is, so I have been nice to her in my head ever since. But I'm still pissed off. ;-)

Friday night the whole group of us went to shinny....we had a BLAST. There were only like 14 of us, so there was a lot of icetime for each of us. I find shinny a great place to learn, the girls who go are patient with us beginner-types and I love it. Plus, I played on the opposite side as all my friends, so we got to knock each other around....life doesn't get much better than that! And of course we went out for wings and beer (well, actually, I had spinach dip and iced tea but who's counting).

I dragged some friends to the Butterdome Craft Sale with me....it was funny seeing Shelley there...her friends made fun of her too...such a butch girl at such a girly place! But she bought a few things, so I guess her image is all shot to hell now! And I ran into Janet there....always nice to see her....always hear the same things...Gunnar's good, the house isn't done yet....one day soon that girl will have something new to report! And then we went on a bit of a shopping spree at Value Village....50% off sale! I got a great pair of cords and a funky 1970s polyester shirt and a few other things....nice!

Sunday was lazy, lazy, lazy and I loved it. Plus I had shrimp creole for lunch (Da De O's rocks). To top it all off, I had a great hair weekend....things are looking up!

Oh, and mom is all in the holiday spirit....she wants to take me for lunch and a movie between xmas and New Year's. I don't understand this woman, but whatever! I think we'll go see Spanglish.....and of course I'm she Kristy's going to go see it with her gf once she arrives in Alberta. Damn women.

No comments: